Thursday, July 5, 2018

Thursday - Psalm 132 - Real Estate


W
HAT if you were a real estate agent and your only customer was God?  King David was on a quest to find an appropriate place where God could dwell permanently among His people.  Obviously, David felt quite a bit of pressure to get this deal just right. Of all the land, money and structures which David had made decisions about in his life, this one eclipsed them all. So, David purposed to burn his candle at both ends until he found a satisfactory plan.

We know from other accounts of this story (2ndSamuel 7 and 1stChronicles 21 & 22) that God chose a place in Jerusalem on the former threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite (I Chronicles 21:15 & 18) for the site of His temple. He placed His name there through the preparation work done by David and by the actual work of David's son, Solomon. The Ark of the Covenant found its final resting place in that city and God blessed His servants there abundantly. And in all of this, David's position was solidified, his progeny was blessed, and the salvation of God's people was promised.  It seems to me like it was a truly sweet real estate deal.  Everyone involved came out a winner.

Not surprisingly, I also got in on a pretty sweet real estate deal once.  On August 13, 1985, I gave my heart and soul to Jesus Christ, and He gave me a home in heaven.  Now I'm set to inherit everything that belongs to Christ (Romans 8:17)... and all because God finally convinced me to come to my senses; to exchange my sins for His gift of righteousness.  Now, I own a mansion in heaven (John 14).  Now I have the title to heavenly real estate.  My home address is in Glory.  I'll live on the same street Jesus lives on: Hallelujah Boulevard! Can you tell that I'm excited about moving in?

No comments:

Post a Comment